Head Start for Kent County has many opportunities for parents, non-parent and community members to volunteer. Areas of greatest need are:
- Parent Policy Council (PPC)
- Family Engagement Events (including planning and review)
- Assisting with bus supervision
- Leading Parent Cafe’s
- Assisting in the classroom (including reading to children and helping teaching staff with special projects),
- Joining our Watch D.O.G.S. program
We have many additional opportunities! Check them out below!
Many volunteers also have their own special skills they like to bring to our organization. We’d love to hear your suggestions!
However you’d like to participate, we want to hear from you. To volunteer, please reach out to your child’s teacher or home visitor, or our Community & Parent Relations Specialist.